Friday, April 16, 2010

I am currently watching The Shining and thought that I could share my utmost frustration with the internet. Stanley Kubrick is by far one of the most talented Directors in the history of film making. However, his decision to NOT fire Shelly Duvall the moment he discovered her acting ability is beyond my understanding. I cannot fathom as to why he kept her on his set for more than 5 minutes. Her acting ability is non-existant. Have you ever seen the behind the scenes feature of The Shining? She behaves in an extremely rude manner to Kubrick and was a major prima donna on set. She seems very ungrateful. The Shining is one of the best films ever made and for her face to be plastered all over it makes me feel nauseous. All I have to say is, if Shelly Duvall can make it in the acting world, anyone can.

No comments:

Post a Comment